We stimulate got around other ask on backing upwards the template inwards Blogger only since the roll-out of the newer UI in addition to the changes inwards the pattern nosotros are updating the steps alongside a novel tutorial for relevant visual demos.
Why back-up a template / topic ?
In the Blogger environs nosotros ofttimes desire to add together a novel widget or a functionality inwards our spider web log in addition to tutorials inquire us to brand changes to our templates, it is of import nosotros stimulate got a backed-up template thus if anything goes incorrect nosotros tin ever fallback to the previous version.
There are to a greater extent than argue why –
- Making changes to Blogger templates to add together functionality or alter design
- When trying out novel themes / template
- Using the template / topic 1 time to a greater extent than on around other blogger blog
Backing Up the Template / Theme on BlogSpot
Let’s offset alongside backing upwards the template.
- Log-into your Blogger concern human relationship to become to your Dashboard.
- From the blog’s drop-down listing pick out the blog
- On the left pane pick out the “Theme” option
- In the Theme department page, click on the “Backup / Restore” push clit on the laissez passer on off correct corner of the page
- A dialog box may appear, to download the template backup click on the orangish “Download” push clit equally shown below –
- A file alongside a refer similar to theme-2887119284088758674.xml will live on downloaded. This file is the backup template / topic file, it tin live on used to recover your template / topic on Blogger.
Restoring the Template / Theme Using the XML file
- in the end department follow till Step #4
- Now inwards the dialog box that opens, which looks similar this click “Choose file” (maybe labelled differently on unlike browsers) –
- Browse to the template’s XML file in addition to and thus click on “Upload”
- Once the upload finishes your template volition live on restored.